MARKETING TO MOMS
- Moms are the most coveted consumers in the U.S. market. Their buying power tops $2.1 trillion annually, and they control 85 percent of all household income.
- 85 percent of moms surveyed refer to their role in the household as CEO or CFO, purchasing everything from cars to banking services or computers. In addition to acting as purchasing agent for the home, many also manage the buying decisions for small businesses, with 85-90 percent of those moms using the same products at work that they do at home.
- The mom market is comprised of 82.5 million moms and three generations of women raising children: Boomer moms, Gen X and Gen Y moms. Each has a different perspective on brand messages and the marketers who create them.
- 71 percent of mothers said they use the Internet for product information, advice or general information.
- Moms are involved in 89 percent of all consumer electronics purchase decisions.
- 64 percent of moms on Twitter follow at least one brand on Twitter.
- 52 percent of women online are moms.
- Women with children want to be recognized as more than moms. Though all moms are women, not all women are moms. Women with children wil abandon their personal needs as women consumers, but will never eliminate their role as mom when shopping