This start-up was looking to support the 2016 launch of its new line of DIY ice cream mixes through consumer awareness in key local and national markets, differentiated brand positioning as an innovator in the DIY category and leveraging July’s Ice Cream Month as a timely media angle.
Implementation of Campaign
- Developed communication assets including press materials, recipes and photography. Crafted messaging to highlight innovation and creative usage applications.
- Conducted outreach to local and national media, and partnered with retailers to generate support via owned social media platforms.
- Drove brand mentions and product reviews via outreach to lifestyle bloggers and influencers.
- Secured nearly 1,500 mentions in a three-month period, generating 169 million impressions.
- Media highlights include a two-page syndicated company profile which ran in the Los Angeles News Group, appearing in The Orange County Register, The Long Beach Press Telegram, The Daily News and the Torrance Daily Breeze.
- National media mentions include Hungry Girl, SheKnows.com, Supermarket Guru, The Scene (Conde Nast), and The Daily Meal.
- Regional placements include The Bakersfield Californian, The Sacramento Bee, San Diego Magazine, Shockingly Delicious, OnSecond Scoop, Thirsty Times, Yelp! Hawaii, West Coaster Magazine
- 25 broadcast segments in key markets, including Hawaii, San Diego, Tucson, and Houston.
- 10 trade media mentions include Grocery Headquarters, Prepared Foods and Progressive Grocer.
- 15 earned blogger reviews and reader giveaways, including Mommies with Cents, Hawaii Mom, Savvy Saver and more.