Position California pistachios as a wise snack choice and become part of the overall healthy nut story, drive brand awareness and consumer perception and preference by differentiating California pistachios from other snack nuts.
Implementation of Campaign
- Communication tools created included a website housing a research library, collateral materials, a dietitian-authored blog; social media channels, and an e-newsletter.
- Conducted a “mindful snacking” study in partnership with a behavioral eating expert in order to shift consumer perception, showing that pistachio snackers consume less calories but with high levels of satiety.
- Health influencer outreach focused on engagement opportunities with a leading dietitian organization.
- Messages supporting the “mindful eating” benefits of pistachios, and the trademarked term “Skinny Nut™,” were incorporated into press materials, owned social media platforms, and outreach to media and influencers.
- 1,800+ placements have been generated, including “Dr. Oz,” The Food Network, NBC’s “The Biggest Loser,” “Today,” and Fox-TV.
- Print and online coverage includes Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Good Housekeeping, Health, Hungry Girl, The Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, Yahoo!, Oprah, Parade, Parenting, Prevention, Psychology Today, Self, Shape, SheKnows, US Magazine, Weight Watchers Magazine,WebMD and National Public Radio.
- 100% of placements contained positive health messages, linking in-shell pistachios to weight management, a key differentiator in the snack nut category.
- Monthly traffic to the Pistachio Health Institute website peaked at 32,000 (with category competitor’s site averaging 11,000); social media platform fan growth increased 40% and e-zine subscribers increased 120%.
- 2012 Ipsos research determined that 76% of consumers believe that pistachios are healthy, an increase of 24% from 2008.
Reach out to learn how we can help elevate your brand.